Course overview: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure used to renew overall skin tone and texture using a non-surgical method of mechanical exfoliation. It can improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, hyper-pigmentation and age spots, acne scarring, stretch marks, dull complexion and uneven skin tones and other skin-related concerns and conditions.
Please note, a machine is NOT included in the course price.
The procedure uses a device with a special wand applicator with either crystals or an abrasive surface to gently sand away the thick outer layer of the skin to rejuvenate it.
Microdermabrasion is considered a safe procedure for most skin types.
- Code of Ethics and insurance for therapists
- Therapist Safety & Good Working Practices
- Health & safety Guidelines
- Salon Hygiene, Sterilisation & Sanitisation
- GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation procedure and record keeping
- Introduction to Microdermabrasion
- Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- How to prepare for a Microdermabrasion treatment; equipment & products needed
- How to carry out safely and effectively a Microdermabrasion Treatment
- Related Anatomy & Physiology
Pre-requisites: Beauty Facial Diploma
Model Required? Yes, if taught individually. Otherwise students will work on each other.
Check ‘contraindications’ in the course manual to determine suitability for treatment for yourself or prior to choosing your model
Required Self-Guided (Theory) Learning: 8 – 12 hours
Practical Course Length: 1 day full course/Half day practical refresher
Assessment: Completion of guided home study and preparation of written assessment prior to the practical training day. On the practical training days, continuous formative assessment, verbal questions and performance of a Microdermabrasion treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor, along with final completion of the written assessment. Refresher course will be assessed via observation of a Microdermabrasion treatment with minimal guidance from your tutor only.
Case Studies Required: None – however practice on friends and family, following completion of practical training days, is highly recommended, prior to working on the public.
Accrediting Body: VTCT
Qualification Attained: Certificate of Attendance for Refresher course.