ALL ABOUT YOU BEAUTY ACADEMY COVID POLICY
In school – AABY has completed a COVID-19 risk assessment and implemented the following measures:
- All VTCT students must complete or have already completed the VTCT Covid level 2 award in Infection Prevention (free course when booking a course with us) to carry out any of our VTCT beauty courses.
- Students should have separate clothing for the journey to the school and separate clothing/footwear to change into for the classes.
- Students should arrive at the school wearing a face mask and sanitise hands upon entry.
- NHS QR code poster is visible to ‘check in’ at reception.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are placed in each classroom.
- All students are to wear face masks around the building.
- No eating on the premises is permitted
- We will check temperatures at the beginning of all classes and students will need to confirm the current state of health on our health check form, which will be completed weekly.
- The Health check forms will be stored for students, visitors and staff in accordance with government guidelines and will provide data to NHS Test and Trace if requested to do so. Students contact details are stored on our student database in line with GDPR regulations.
- All students are required to wear PPE and salon appropriate clothing at all times during classes.
- All students are required to source and wear face masks and visors to wear during practical lessons.
- We will provide gloves, aprons, and hand sanitiser/wipes for treatments.
- Students will be divided into bubbles during practical classes for social distancing purposes, which reduces switching partners often.
- Students can use models from within their bubble at home if students cannot practice these treatments within their class bubbles, depending on current government guidance.
- AABY are working with the different awarding bodies to implement any adaptations to assessments where required and possible.
- If a student or staff member has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, the student must follow self-isolation guidelines and inform the Admin office immediately. A plan for missed lessons will be decided by the tutor and Admin office, in consultation with the student.
- The school is bound to follow government guidelines and any restrictions put in place.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement All About You Beauty Academy will remain closed until mid-February as per the current national lockdown rules.
We will notify you as soon as we can regarding a confirmed reopening date pending government guidance, but we are preparing this to be mid-February.
Please keep safe and continue doing your part during this period, and we look forward to seeing you all back in February.
All About You Beauty Academy